Teaching children age 2 to 6 years the values of Rugby Union
Welcome to Half Backs
Half Backs Rugby is a fun and exciting concept designed to teach children aged 2 – 6 the values of rugby union, enabling them to develop their confidence, physical and social skills, and ultimately be kids! Our coaches are at the top of their game providing innovative and outstanding game based rugby sessions every week.
We have 3 beautiful venues:
- Marble Hill Park in St Margarets, Saturday 10-11am
- Twickenham Green in Twickenham, Sunday 10-11am
- Bushy Park in Teddington, Sunday 10-11am
- Free Trial
- Purchase Gold, Silver, Bronze Packages
- Pay As You Go
- Or Book Session
Would you like to try a new sport for your child. Why don't you try Half Backs?
Trying is free and doesn't take much time. Book a Free Trial and let your child 'play' games for max 60 minutes in one of the most beautiful parks in West-London!
About Half Backs
We believe that the best way to play sport and be physically active is with a smile on our faces having fun. The only way children are going to continue playing, create healthy habits for life and develop their skills is if they enjoy the games.
Working in teams and as an individual allows your child to develop their personal skills. We create an environment that enables both fun and learning through a structured rugby based play program designed by qualified coaches and teachers.
We respect everyone involved in the Half Backs session, children, parents and carers and the other coaches. We nurture a safe and welcoming environment for all.
The fundamental movements taught at Half Backs will help develop your child both physically and mentally.
Half Backs terms run in line with Richmond Borough Council school term dates with a weekend (at least) off at each school holiday.
|First Session of the Term||Last Session of the Term||No. of Weeks|
|AUTUMN||3th September||21st December||16|
|SPRING||5th January||5th April||13|
|SUMMER||23rd April||23rd July||13|
|Summer Holiday||24th July||3rd September||6|
**We are closed for two weeks in December. From 21st December until 4th January**
**Our Teddington Venue is closed in the Summer Holiday. From 24th July until 3rd September**
Last Updated 28/10/2018
- Positive environment
- Experience winning & losing
- Trying your best every session
- Encouragement from parents and coaches
- Push themselves to perform better
- Increase agility, balance & coordination
- Increase motorskills
- Encourages empathy and friendship
- Learn to respect themselves and others
- Being part of a team, focus on teamwork
- Rugby & multi skill games
- Focus on fun and safe activities
- Running around in one of the most beautiful parks in West London, with friends and family